Complete Wellness Awareness Month
Healthy habits can start with small steps and there’s never a better day than TODAY to start being more mindful about your health and wellness. During September, we are encouraging everyone to focus on self-care, managing stress, and promoting healthy routines. Deadlines, obligations, and everyday craziness tend to force most people to put themselves last on the priority list. But, constant stress and ignoring good self-care can lead to high blood pressure, compromised immunity, and anxiety.
Research has shown that self-care helps cut down on stress levels and increases happiness. So, challenge yourself this month: Incorporate one new, healthy activity into your day and, before you know it, it will become a life-long habit.
- Increase your water intake – sip throughout the day
- Add more fruits & veggies to your meals
- Get outdoors – take an evening walk after work
- Take a relaxing bath
- Start your day with a stretch
- Get more sleep and set a serene scene for better slumber
- Learn to meditate
- Journal and reflect on what you enjoyed about the day
- Make breakfast a priority
- Schedule a checkup or annual physical
- Remember to social distance and wear a face covering when in public
Here’s to a calmer, healthier, and let’s hope happier month of September!