Back To School Vaccines
School is fast approaching. Are your kids up to date on their immunizations?
Getting your children vaccinated in a timely manner helps to protect their health, as well as the health of their classmates, friends, family, and others in the community.
At Spring Branch Community Health Center, we offer a full range of vaccinations to patients of all ages. Our immunization services are just part of our commitment to bringing comprehensive care to all the communities we serve.
Certain vaccinations are required by specific grades levels or age groups. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a recommended immunization schedule to follow.
According to the CDC, preschool and elementary school aged children, between the ages of 3 and 10, need additional doses of some of the vaccines they received in their infant and toddler years. Those include:
- Diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough (pertussis) (DTaP) (5th dose)
Polio (IPV) (4th dose)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) (2nd dose)
- Chickenpox (varicella) (2nd dose)
As protection from childhood vaccines wear off, preteens and adolescents also need additional vaccines to extend that protection. For kids and teens, ages 11 through 18, the CDC recommends:
- Meningococcal conjugate (two doses; the first around ages 11-12 and a second at age 16)
- HPV (two doses) (at ages 11-12 and a second dose 6-12 months later)
- Tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough (pertussis) (Tdap) (one dose around ages 11-12)
As your child heads to college, make sure all vaccinations are up to date and that he or she has a copy of all immunization records. If you have questions about what immunizations your child needs before heading back to school, talk to his or her pediatrician.
Spring Branch Community Health Center has teamed up with @Americares and @Walgreens to host on-site flu vaccinations!
#VaccinesWork: It’s important to get a flu vaccine before the flu begins to circulate on our area.
- Locations: SBCHC - West Houston Clinic, 19333 Clay Rd, Katy, TX 77449
- Dates: Saturday, October 10, 2020
- Times: 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Must present valid ID. If insured, please bring your insurance card.
Appointment required. Please contact your provider with any questions
We value your support
We appreciate the invaluable support from our donors and volunteers. With your help, we are able to continue providing the best possible healthcare to our patients.
Join our mailing list
Stay connected by signing up for our Mailing List via email. Receive the latest info, news, and updates from Spring Branch Community Health Center.